• Дата начала
OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Finally I've got it in my room:

The data service provides a 10Mbps connection to your room. This compares to the 56Kbps connection you get with a standard telephone connection and a modem - so you're getting a connection approximately 200 times faster. It's also about 75 times faster than an ISDN connection (usually 128Kbps) and is also faster than the new broadband (ADSL) connections which are just becoming available for home use: these start at 0.5Mbps and are also available at 1Mbps and 2Mbps connections (but only for business connections, at least from BT Openworld). As a price comparison, BT are currently (July 2003) charging an installation fee of £65 and a monthly fee of £30 for a connection which is one-twentieth of the speed of the data connection in Halls.

I'm on-line 24 hours a day starting from now! :) Just kidding - have to attend my classes monday to friday :roll:

Qok

Qok

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Finally I've got it in my room:

The data service provides a 10Mbps connection to your room. This compares to the 56Kbps connection you get with a standard telephone connection and a modem - so you're getting a connection approximately 200 times faster. It's also about 75 times faster than an ISDN connection (usually 128Kbps) and is also faster than the new broadband (ADSL) connections which are just becoming available for home use: these start at 0.5Mbps and are also available at 1Mbps and 2Mbps connections (but only for business connections, at least from BT Openworld). As a price comparison, BT are currently (July 2003) charging an installation fee of £65 and a monthly fee of £30 for a connection which is one-twentieth of the speed of the data connection in Halls.

I'm on-line 24 hours a day starting from now! :) Just kidding - have to attend my classes monday to friday :roll:

Я не понял. А эти фунты будет кто платить? Универ или ты сам? Учицца тяжело? Как там народ? Доброжелательный? русских много? А что с Роверами? Ты так ни разу и не ответил. В придачу к комнате тебе авто не выдали с правильным рулем?

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Я не понял. А эти фунты будет кто платить? Универ или ты сам? Учицца тяжело? Как там народ? Доброжелательный? русских много? А что с Роверами? Ты так ни разу и не ответил. В придачу к комнате тебе авто не выдали с правильным рулем?

I've paid £59 for 2 months of unlimited usage (in fact it was for the whole semester, but I shall take advantage of 2 month only).

It's not hard to understand teachers, but the way the students speak makes me crazy!

People are really nice here. Especially my floor mates :)
I shall give you details on that later :wink:
Haven't met any russian person here yet :roll:

Rovers for local people as I said before are like Russian cars for us! They say "nobody ever buys British cars" :wink: Even though there're lots of them in the streets. (again will give more details later.)

My status here sounds a bit confusing: pedestrian :oops:

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
to Stas:
University Language Centre, The University of Manchester is the place.
I study english language for academic purposes. Gonna stay here till the end of June.

Oleg

Oleg

Administrator
Реакции
Баллы

I've paid £59 for 2 months of unlimited usage (in fact it was for the whole semester, but I shall take advantage of 2 month only).

It's not hard to understand teachers, but the way the students speak makes me crazy!

People are really nice here. Especially my floor mates :)
I shall give you details on that later :wink:
Haven't met any russian person here yet :roll:

Rovers for local people as I said before are like Russian cars for us! They say "nobody ever buys British cars" :wink: Even though there're lots of them in the streets. (again will give more details later.)

My status here sounds a bit confusing: pedestrian :oops:

да ну вас ! :cry:

Excusez, au revoir :D (англ-ий не знаю, франц-ий учил)

Для прикола перевёл в Промте то, что Роман сказал, получилось неплохо :lol:

"Я заплатил 59 £ в течение 2 месяцев неограниченного использования (фактически, это было в течение целого семестра, но я использую в своих интересах 2 месяца только).

Не трудно понять преподавателей, но способ, которым студенты говорят, делает меня сумасшедшим!

Люди действительно хороши здесь. Особенно моя Улыбка помощников пола{этажа}
Я дам Вам, детали относительно того позже Мигают
Не встретили никакого российского человека здесь все же Катящиеся Глаза

Роверы для местных жителей, поскольку я сказал прежде, походят на российские автомобили для нас! Они говорят, что "никто когда-либо не покупает британские автомобили", Мигают Даже при том, что есть многие из них на улицах. (снова даст больше деталей позже.)"

Qok

Qok

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Я надеюсь, ты догадался взять фотоаппарат? ведешь там съемку? пересылай фотки интересные по мере поступления. при такой то скорости, как у тебя в комнате, проблем не должно быть с этим.

8)

S

Stas

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
:roll: - Катящиеся Глаза

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S

Stas

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
to Stas:
University Language Centre, The University of Manchester is the place.
I study english language for academic purposes. Gonna stay here till the end of June.
А это твоя первая поездка подобного плана, за границу с целью обучения? Ты поехал по какой-то программе, от какой-то организации?

<<SonrisA>>

<<SonrisA>>

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Я надеюсь, ты догадался взять фотоаппарат? ведешь там съемку? пересылай фотки интересные по мере поступления. при такой то скорости, как у тебя в комнате, проблем не должно быть с этим.

Sure I've taken my camera, but I should remind you - it's not digital. And for that purpose it's not good. I'm thinking of buying a digital one here...

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
А это твоя первая поездка подобного плана, за границу с целью обучения? Ты поехал по какой-то программе, от какой-то организации?

Hey man! Is it a job interview or something? :wink:
Remember my e-mail address? Please use it for the questions like this!
Cheers!

Qok

Qok

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Я смотрю, при таком обилии внимания, тебе там скучать не придется. Только успевай отвечать на вопросы. А ты зачем поставил аську и не отвечаешь в ней? Телефон свой с камерой не взял?

8) 8) 8)

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Я смотрю, при таком обилии внимания, тебе там скучать не придется. Только успевай отвечать на вопросы. А ты зачем поставил аську и не отвечаешь в ней? Телефон свой с камерой не взял?

Hey! I cannot read anything in ICQ! I've installed Miranda (freshly downloaded) and it seems to me that it doesn't support cyrillic letters. Could you send me russian installation package for ICQ or something or give a link to download? Thanks!

P.S. There's no camera in my mobile phone :wink:

Михаил ТРК

Михаил ТРК

Активный участник
Реакции
Баллы
Excusez, au revoir (англ-ий не знаю, франц-ий учил)

Qok

Qok

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Не бери в голову! Пиши по английски. А транслитом сложнее будет. Заодно форумчане (или -лане?) попрактикуются в языке.

8)

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Let’s talk about cars finally!

First of all – they’re driving on the wrong side! :) And it is very strange to see all the cars of European makes with the steering wheel in front of the passenger’s seat.

As to the Rovers – imagine how Russian cars look like in Russia, the same with the Rovers here: crappy old, brand new stock, racer’s (lowered, with 17” wheels, and huge exhaust pipes) – all of them are on the streets. But they’re not so numerous as I expected, their quantity is roughly the same of any other make. And, as I’ve said before, English people think of them exactly the same way we think of Russian cars :)

Another point that makes me feel at home here is the street-racers’ cars :) Here are lots of them with low-profile tyres, direct-flow exhausts and loud sound systems with huge subwoofers!

What surprised me a lot was the reputation of BMWs here. The idea is that mostly 2 groups of people buy BMW: drug-dealers and “cheap drivers”, who want a respectable car but don’t have enough money to by a Mercedes (which are more expensive).

In Fallowfield campus students’ cars are the small ones mostly. Lots of Ford Ka, Peugeot 206, and Renault Clio (not Symbol). Clio seems to be the most popular students’ car.

And like in Russia pedestrians don’t follow the rules and drivers often don’t use the seatbelts :)

OP
R

ROmm

Новичок
Реакции
Баллы
Some photos are available now at the gallery.
There are people mostly, because I like them :D
And no cars :wink:

Верх Низ